About project

The project came from a company that provides an online SaSS reservation management platform for hotels. They also provide a widget for hotels to use on their own website to integrate with the platform and encourage expeditions to book, thus increasing conversions. This way, hotel guests can verify the prices offered by OTAs without leaving the landing pages, it also ensures the best price and encourages them to book directly from the hotel website instead of relying on other channels that will affect direct income.


Project scope

The addition of a user-friendly online booking engine (OBE) to the accommodation website is critical to increase direct bookings, meet customer expectations and save hotel staff time. The Founders asked me to go through the booking engine widget and user journey to increase conversions. I re-designed it from scratch and then raised the conversions by 25%.



I started by reading customer feedbacks first and looking into the existing widget . I also looked at competitive projects and on-line research on other projects. My research checklist: Review existing widget. Check out competitors, customer reviews, and quality end-user research. Usability testing of the existing widget to identify key issues with the user journey. Interview customers (hotels) to find out how they actually use the existing widget and how they feel about integrating it into their website. Talk to the product owner about what's in their backlog.



After usability testing and interviews on the existing widget, I created the user journey to get a clear understanding of their requirements and issues in the user-flow. 



I used the MoSCoW technique and collaboratively with the product owner, while at the same time it helped me to get a clear and realistic picture of the large target audience. Then I start with product discovery, and then translated it into Wireframes and Prototypes.  The UX or mid-fidelity screens were combined with style guide and a proper design system in place with atomic structure and components. Finally, during the design stage, I was supposed to build high-fidelity designs with interactive prototypes using Figma.